April 16, 2012

And so it begins...

Jambo Rafikis -

I am three weeks away from my departure to Kenya. I am excited and nervous yet somehow, I feel completely at peace with the uncharted waters ahead.

On May 7th I will be flying to Kenya, Africa to start a one year volunteer commitment at Naomi's Village Orphanage in Maai Mahiu, just outside Kenya's capital, Nairobi. I will be assisting Naomi's Village founders, Bob and Julie Mendonsa, and the rest of the orphanage staff as N.V. continues to grow to full capacity.

I have already posted info and videos on this site so please take a look at those if you are interested in finding out more about my story, Naomi's Village and what I will be doing in Kenya.


I will update my blog whenever I am able. I look forward to sharing this experience with you all as I am half a world away! Until then, this video will give you a good idea of what lies ahead.